May 18, 2011

In my backpack I have...

You like to take advantage of every single minute in class? This is a great activity to practice vocabulary that requires no prep at all! And to make it even better you can adapt it to different topics. It's important to keep the dynamics in this activity or else it could turn very slow and therefore, boring.

The teacher will start the game with the phrase: In my backpack I have... and then point to a student who will be expected to provide a suitable word (notebook, book, pencil case, etc.). Then the teacher will continue by saying: And in my pencil case I have... and again, the students will provide words to complete the sentence.

Depending on the topic you are studying you can adapt the activity. I suggest some variations:

  • For clothes: In my closet I have... 
  • For food: In my fridge/pantry I have...
  • For furniture or objects around the house: In my bedroom/kitchen/living room I have... 
You can always come up with your own ideas. 
Good luck! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment